Never forget that many of the dog allergens appear too small, and the signs that your dear Maltipoo is showing may appear negligible. Let’s dwell deep into what things you should be aware of to tackle allergies for good.
Maltipoo Allergies - Signs To Look Out For
Your hypoallergenic Maltipoo can display one or all of these signs. Take a closer look.
Popular Allergic Signs
- Unabated ear infections
- Red, bloodshot eyes
- Teary eyes
These allergies can be grouped with food allergies-
- Exercise troubles
- A runny nose
- Nose congestion
- Excessive dryness
- Skin rashness
- Irritated, moist, red-colored skin
- Rubbing against hard surfaces
- Continuous scratching
- Chewing or licking
Maltipoo Allergies - Diagnosis And Treatment
You can see your local vet when your Maltipoo puppy displays any of the above mentioned allergic signs.
How to diagnose Maltipoo Allergies?
Vets perform two types of test to diagnose allergies
- Skin testing
- Blood testing
Ways to treat Maltipoo Allergies
- If your Maltipoo needs treatment, then the vet prescribes steroids or antihistamines.
- Immunotherapy (allergy vaccine shots) is definitely action for better treatment.
There are some known side-effects for immunotherapy and it includes-
- Blood pressure changes
Preventing Maltipoo Allergies
The most important step is to remove or eliminate all the triggers at the earliest.
1. Stop Allergens
A shocking level of outdoor allergens attaches itself to a dog’s paws and coat.
Try these steps to stop allergens
- Avoid grassy lawns. Many associations spray insects or weeds.
- Watch your local allergen information tracker.
- Clean the entire coat using a damp cloth.
- Apply paw wax.
2. Remove allergens from your house
- Replace all the old beds with new ones
- Vacuum your house top to bottom
- Use HEPA filters if the need arises
3. Concentrate on healthy snacks or foods
- Avoid corn, soy, grain, and wheat-based products after consulting your vet.
- Chemical preservatives and dyes are the worst culprits.
- Design a suitable food timetable after taking a close look at the allergies.
4. Simple remedies for itching